Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicken and Asparagus Casserole

Hello,


Chicken and Asparagus Casserole was on the menu tonight which is a recipe given to me by my Mum.
The recipe is:
Cooked chicken
340g can drained asparagus cuts
tin condensed asparagus soup (or chicken or mushroom soups)
Cup evaporated skim milk
2 tbsp Sherry
4 tbsp grated cheese
1 Onion chopped and fried
Paprika


In Casserole dish place chicken, cover with asparagus and cooked onion.
In saucepan place milk, sherry, and soup. Heat gently and don't boil.
Pour sauce over casserole
Cover with cheese and sprinkle with paprika
Cook in oven at 200 degrees C for 15-20 mins until heated through.


Serve with rice and vegetables.


I tend to use my stove wok pan and cook the onion and chicken in it and then just add the milk, sherry and soup to this and heat through.  Then I pour it all into the casserole dish over the asparagus cuts, sprinkle with the cheese and paprika.  Its up to you whichever way you want to do it as they both work fine.


See you tomorrow...or maybe not as its my birthday:)  And am being spoilt by my Mum whose doing all the cooking...sweet relief:)  There has to be some perks for turning 40!!!!




Anna xx











John 6:35 Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment:)